Thru-Da-Lens 2019 Integration 2019
brings you this once in a lifetime opportunity to showcase your talent
in Photography.This is one of the most coveted photography competitions
of Eastern India.
Niepce (B&W) and
Please send your photographs ASAP to firstname.lastname@example.org
Anyone with a liking for photography can submit photos
There is NO AGE BAR OR ANY OTHER RESTRICTION.
Initial submission of photos is FREE.
- Photo submission deadline
- : 18th January,2019
- Announcements of results of prelims
- : 20th January 2019
- Date of registration for finals of the selected participants
- : 25th January 2019
- : 2nd/3rd February 2019
- Final results declaration
- : 2nd February 2019
- There would be two groups for this competition:
There is no restriction on topics for the two variants and no editing
other than cropping, color & brightness corrections, straightening and spot removal are allowed.
- The Black & White variant(Niepce)
- Color photographs(Daguerre)
- Each participant can submit at most 2 (two) photographs (soft copy)
per group, in JPEG/TIFF format, 10" by 15" in size, resolution 300 dpi.
File size of a photograph should not exceed 10 Mb. Submit only formatted
print ready photographs. Note that photos submitted in previous Thru-da-Lens
competitions will not be considered for judging.
- A caption/write-up in not more than 50 words, in MS word .doc format
must be accompanied with each photograph, along with the submitter's
name, email id, phone no., photograph legend, camera model, technical
specifications, date, time & place of snap shot.
- Watermarking is not allowed. Computer generated images will not be accepted,
only images originating as camera taken will be considered. Image manipulations
are not allowed except simple editing (those mentioned in Rule 1).
This will be followed strictly.
- The photographs are to be mailed to
email@example.com . The last date for sending the
photographs is 18th January, 2019.
- The best 30 entries from each group will be considered for final
round of competition and will be displayed during 2nd and 3rd February,
2019 at Kolmogorov Bhavan of the Indian Statistical Institute. This first round and final round of judging will be done
by 20th January, 2019 after which qualifying participants can register.
Judges for all the rounds are
DR. ABHOY NATH GANGULY
(Dip. In Photo (PAD), EFIAP, ARPS, FFIP, Hon PESGSPC, Hon ESMPA)
Mr. PARTHA SARATHI SARKAR
(Dip. In Photo (PAD), EFIAP, ARPS, Hon PESGSPC, Hon ESMPA)
Mr. MRINAL KUMAR BANDYOPADHYAY
(Dip. in Photo (PAD), EFIAP, FFIP, Hon PESGSPC).
- The senders of the selected photographs will be notified through
email. The registration fee for the selected photographs will be Rs.
100/- each and must be done by 25th January 2019 (12 Noon).
- Only duly registered photographs will be considered for the final judgment.
- The final judging and announcement of results will be done by 2nd February
- From each group, there would be only three winning photographs. The prizes are
Rs 1500 (First Prize), Rs 750 (Second Prize) and Rs 250 (Third Prize) on each category.
For Further Details, contact-
Sourodipto Ghosh Dastidar (+918420678429 / +918617271689)
Anik Burman (+919836775472 / +919748116215)
Indian Statistical Institute
Director's Office, 203 B.T, Road,
Kolkata, India, Pin-700108
Photographic Association of Dum Dum
467/40 Jassore Road, Kolkata - 700079
website : www.padonline.org.in
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org